Building on the success of the inaugural USVI Economic Development Summit in 2013, the USVI Alliance, Inc. will host its 2nd annual summit in Atlanta, Georgia on May 20-‐22, 2014. The 2014 Summit will delve further into what it takes to further diversify the economic landscape in the U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI) and provide an overview of the opportunities for sustainable, innovative business solutions. More than just a leading tourist destination, the Virgin Islands is a U.S. territory that offers the unique blend of Caribbean lifestyle with the economic and financial security of doing business.
The summit convenes the Territory’s most experienced policy makers and business advocates spearheading economic recovery and development in and for the U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI) and will be led by Virgin Islands Governor John P. deJongh, Virgin Islands Congresswoman Donna M. Christensen, along with top policy makers and economic leaders. This conference identifies how to capitalize on upcoming business development opportunities, provides business matchmaking opportunities, and underscores the fact that the USVI is open for business! The conference will commence with a pre-‐summit cocktail session on May 20, 2014 to meet the moderators, panelists and USVI decision-‐makers.
Who Should Attend
- Experienced business executives in sectors such as energy (renewable and production), technology (broadband, mobile, and manufacturing), healthcare, tourism/hospitality, retail, transportation, and other industries who seek to access the various public and private resources available to establish, develop, own, and operate businesses in the US. Virgin Islands.
- Members of the Virgin Islands diaspora interested in being a part of the discussion and providing solutions to the challenges currently facing the
U.S. Virgin Islands
- Virgin Islands-‐based businesses and government agencies interested in securing vendors, partners, and customers on the U.S. mainland.
Benefits to Attendees
- Learn about the unique opportunities and economic incentives to profit in key areas of expansion and growth in the Virgin Islands from including: Healthcare, Information Technology, Energy, and Workforce Development.
- Learn about financing opportunities for small businesses and capital projects, tax exemptions and rehabilitation tax credits for businesses in the USVI.
- Business matchmaking opportunities and networking with conference attendees, USVI policy makers, contracting officers and end-‐users.
Registration is now OPEN. Click here register
About The USVI Alliance, Inc.
The USVI Alliance is a collaboration of Virgin Islanders with idea around economic and community-‐based initiatives intending to have positive, sustainable impact on the U.S. Virgin Islands. The group was formed in February 2013 to produce the USVI 2013 Economic Development Summit, an inaugural event that convened Virgin Islands leadership, business executives, and the broader Virgin Islands diaspora in Washington, D.C.